Here are the products, companies, and brands I use in my home and recommend to anyone trying to maintain a clean healthy lifestyle
Please note: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary or other types of compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I always give my honest opinion and findings of the products and would not recommend anything that I do not use for myself or family. All of the products recommended will adhere to the Standards of Clean, listed here.
Beauty and Personal Care
- Dr. Woods Soap - Read my review here. I use this soap for just about everything in my house, from face wash to DIY kitchen counter spray.
- Soapwalla Deodorant - Read my review here. This is the only natural deodorant I have tried that works all day.
- Cleansing Grains - This is a wonderful facial scrub from Mountian Rose Herbs that has simple organic ingredients. I use this a few times a week in the shower (scroll down on page after clicking link).
- Uma Oils - Organic Ayurvedic oils for both skincare and wellness needs. These oils are exquisite additions for the holistic home. Each order gets 2 free samples. Here's my full review
- Vapour Organic Beauty - Vapour is a great makeup line that is 100% chemical free and mostly organic. Most of their makeup comes in roll-up stick form, convient for traveling and easy to store. I use and love their foundations, conceler stick, and blush sticks. I get mine at Spirit Beauty Lounge.
- Aubrey Organics Shampoo and Conditioners - Abubrey has an extensive line of personal care products. I always have a set of shampoo and conditioner in my shower. They also have great organic aloe vera with no additives and a nice facial care line. Read my review here on which shampoo and conditioner I recommend.
- Integrity Botanicals - A wonderful online store for personal care products. They feature only 100% toxin free products that have proven track records for being the best in the industry. They give back a portion of thier earnings to charity and are big on customer education.
- Shop Conscious Beauty - A thoughtfully curated and totally non-toxic green beauty website. With products for baby, men, skin care, and makeup their selection is sure to please. For an exclusive 15% off cupon click here.
- Spirit Beauty Lounge - SBL is a place to shop for the best in ethical, sustainable and organic beauty and lifestyle products. It is a one-stop shop for high quality organic and sustainable beauty products from companies with clearly defined humane, ethical, and environmental policies that equal or outperform their conventional department store counterparts.
- 100% Pure - I use their coffee bean eye cream and various makeup products. They're products are plant based 100% natural and non-toxic.
- Mountain Rose Herbs - MRH is a great place to get supplies for DIY beauty. They also have lovely facial oils, toners, body lotions, essential oils baby care, hair care, and massage oils. Really there is something for everyone at MRH.
- Unrefined Coconut Oil - Coconut oil is a wonderful source of healthy saturated fats that keep your brain and body running smoothly. I use coconut oil in most of my cooking as well as body lotion in the dry seasons. For cooking in which I do not want coconut flavor I use Refined Coconut Oil.
- Real Salt - Salt is not our enemy, infact unrefined salt full of natural minerals are good for our bodies. Read here (toward the bottom of the post) why I choose Real Salt as my main cooking salt.
- Bariani Olive Oil - This real olive oil grown in California groves free of pesticides. It is stone crushed, cold pressed, and unfiltered...the way olive oil should be. You will be amazed at the difference in taste.
- Kerrygold Grassfed Butter - Butter that comes from grassfed cow is nutritious and a necessary part of a healthy diet. It is high in vitamins A, E, K2 and CLAs and has good saturated fats. Kerrygold butter is delicious! You will notice the taste, smell, and apperance of it is much different than regular organic butter. Try in on toast or straight from a spoon...you'll never go to regular butter again. It can be found on Amazon, but Trader Joe's and most grocery stores carry it for less money.
- Pure Indian Foods Grassfed Ghee - Ghee is clarified butter typically used in Indian cooking. It is high in vitamins A,D, and K and CLA's. I use this when sautéing and in various other cooking needs as it doesn't burn because its smoke point is 485˚. Find it on Amazon or Radiant Life.
- Spices, Herbs, Teas, Oils - I use Mountain Rose Herbs to buy organic spices, teas, and various gourmet foodie items (like black sea salt, macadamia nut oil, etc). Almost all of their items are organic. They can be bought in bulk for even more saving as well.
- Sucanat - Sucanat is evaporated cane juice powder, it is not processed and nothing is added or removed. This yeilds a deep brown sugar that has its natural minerals intact, the way nature made it. It can be used as a replacement for white or brown sugar. If you are going to use sugar in your house, use sucanat as the glycemic index is lower and you are getting the minerals as well. However, in no way is this a health food...only in my dreams.
- Y.S. Eco Bee Raw Organic Honey - To get the most bennifits from honey it is best to use local honey. However, I always keep a jar of Ecobees on hand as well. This honey is creamy and thick and always unfiltered, unheated, and alive.
- Lactofermentation supplies and cultures for sourdough, yogurt, cheese making, kombucha and keifir - Fermended/cultured foods are an important part of keeping your GI tract healthy, which is one of the keys to maintaining long term health. Cultures for Health offers a large selection of supples and starter cultures for all your culturing needs.
- Azure Standard - A place to buy bulk organic and health foods. You must find a local dropoff location in their directory as the food is delivered once a month there for you to pick up.
- Berkey Water Filter - Water filtration is a must. Tap water is filled with toxic chemicals and pharmaceutical wastes. Bottled water sits in BPA plastic leaching the endocrine disrupting chemical into your drink. Also, the common filters that can be bought at superstores only filter +/- 5 common contaminants, none of which are fluoride. Berkey filters all bacteria, parasites, and viruses. Plus most herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents and trihalomethanes. I purchase the add on flouride filter as well. Berkey is the king of water filters...you can put stagnant pond water in the top and drink fresh great tasting water from the bottom...pretty legit.
Vitamins and Supplements
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil Blend - Read here why my entire family takes this superfood everyday without fail. In a nut shell it provides a usable source of vitamins A, D, E, K, and omega-3's. It helps keep colds and the flu away and is a potent anti-inflammatory.
- Desiccated Liver - I choose to take liver for a variety of reasons, mainly because it is high in vitamins A, D, E, K, folate, and B's. The form I take is dried and encasulated so I don't have to taste liver. You can read more about it here at Radiant Life's Blog.
- Astaxanthin - A daily dose of antioxidants is important to detoxify the body and protect our cells from harmful oxidizers which cause cancer (among other things). I use astaxanthin because it has shown in multiple studies to protect our cells and it is the strongest antioxidant known. BioAstin, the brand I recommend is free of GMO's, gluten, pesticides, herbacides, and lactose. Find it on Amazon or Radiant Life.
- Pure Synergy Company - Pure Synergy makes great organic whole food based vitamins. They are family owned, certified organic, and GMO free. I use their vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and multivitamin. They have an extensive selection of other options including super greens, vegetable powders, pre-natals, etc. You can find them on Amazon or a partial selection on Radiant Life.
- Thrive Market - Basically the Costco of whole foods. This exclusively online health food store offer up to 50% off regular prices of your favorite brands. I get things like Coconut Aminos, dish soap, and Wedderspoon Honey for a fraction of the cost. Finally there is a place to get health food on a budget.
- Radiant Life - Radiant Life offers items that are whole foods based, sustainably sourced, and fit into the theme of native nutrition and overall wellness. They sell supplements, nutrients dense foods, books, detoxifying products, and more. All of their products are put to rigorus testing and high standards so you know if you are buying from them it is clean and toxin-free. I use Radiant Life to purchase many of my daily household products from coconut oil to shower head filters.
- Vitacost - Vitacost is the low price leader in supplements and healthy foods. I purchase many of my bodycare and vitamins here. Just be aware that not all of thier products are clean, but they do list the ingredients label online for everything they sell.